Sunday, April 17, 2005

A business trip to Music City (Nashville, Tennessee)

I recently had the opportunity to visit Nashville Tennessee for business, and had the luxury of having an afternoon flight home the next day. This afforded me and my co-worker the opportunity to take in some of the highlights of Music City.

We Went right down to Broadway and stopped into a few bars where country and bluegrass bands were playing for tips (no cover), and then headed over to BB King's club. We had some food and beers and saw a couple of bands there. We then went down the street to the Wild Horse Saloon and watched a decent southern rock/country band play. There were many people (sheep) line dancing which makes me laugh, but the band played a rousing "sweet home Alabama" which made the $4.00 cover worthwhile to me.

We then wandered into the Second Fiddle and watched an excellent blue collar working band rock for a long time.

The next morning we enjoyed the excellent Nashville weather and walked around the same area, and I was able to stop into Gruhn Guitars and check out the insane collection of used and vintage instruments. Amazing, scary, dangerous place that store.

Nashville is a cool town, I recommend visiting if you are interested in seeing a lot of live music and taking in the Music City vibe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home